Monday 7 April 2014

Rava Dhokla

Hello there, how is it going?

So I have found our main chef for this friday, all the way from India, well she has been living in finland for 2 years now and she is going to prepare us the main course, a dish called Dhokla which I have no idea as well. But today, I got to taste it for the first time, with tomato chutney...mmm. I love the chili-kick in it but I know it might be already too spicy for some people, so we are going to reduce the spiciness. But have you ever waken up in the morning by chili? heh :D

Dhokla is a vegetarian food that originates from the indian state of Gujarat. It is made with fermented batter derived from rice and chickpea splits. However, there are different kinds of dhokla prepared with different kind of ingredients. Rava Dhokla is prepared with semolina. It can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, 
as a side dish or as a snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment